Monthly Cleaning Routines
Now don't go thinking we've gone all obsessive here, dear. This isn't about getting down the calendar and marking off great lists of tasks on the first of each month. These are just the little extra things. It would be daft to do them every day or week, why waste your time? But every now and then again your home will be cleaner if you tick off some of these extra things. Do you know what I do? I love watching television, but some nights I have a look and I think 'Well, there's nothing on'. So I think to myself, 'I'll just go and clean a room I haven't done for a while.' Try it - come the end of the evening you feel so good you haven't wasted your time watching a load of rubbish - and you've got a lovely clean room.
- Clean windows, inside and out.
- Launder under bedding, mattress covers and pillow protectors.
- Turn mattresses (at least every other month)
- Sort through cupboards and drawers regularly, discarding things you don't use.
- Vacuum areas you normally neglect - under the bed, curtains, cobwebs in high corners.
- Clean lamps and lampshades.
- Polish wooden furniture.
- Polish mirrors, including frames.
- Wax floors after washing them.
- Thoroughly clean inside the oven.
- Dust blinds, door tops and picture rails.